Webinar – 9th February 2023
Welcome to the Springer Healthcare IME virtual meeting, entitled Insights into MAnaging Growth for Endocrine Nurses (IMAGE). This is the 9th IMAGE programme, which focuses on transgender management, bone health, and the genetics and treatment of growth disorders.
Once again, this year’s meeting will be held as a virtual event. Registration will allow access to the Nurses’ Knowledge Centre where presentations and case studies will be pre-recorded and freely accessible to view in advance of the live webinar with expert-led Q&A sessions on 9th February 2023.
This continuing medical education activity has been approved by the International Council of Nurses (ICN) for the award of 4.5 International Continuing Nursing Education Credits (ICNECs).
This programme is made possible thanks to an educational grant received from: Merck Healthcare KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At the end of the programme, delegates will understand:
- The epidemiology of paediatric gender dysphoria and its major clinical features
- The principles of early management and the major clinical guidelines underlying management of patients with gender dysphoria
- The main physiological principles of disorders of the calcium-phosphate system and how and when bone physiology can be disturbed
- How long-term illness can influence or impair bone health
- The principles behind the treatment of problems such as osteopaenia
- Common bone disorders such as vitamin D deficiency
- The underlying cause of skeletal dysplasias such as achondroplasia, and the principles behind current treatment
- How human growth hormone (hGH) developed, why it is effective and how treatment has evolved
- Why recombinant hGH has had such wide acceptance and usage
- About the future use of long-acting hGH and see how clinical practice might be changed
- The advances that have been made by genetic studies in short children and in the context of cost-benefit analysis
- The reasons for a balanced approach to short stature, using both genetic and clinical assessment